Basic basic fire for care homes must have a risk assessment on fire safety which can be carried out as part of an overall assessment or as a separate assessment in it’s own right. Fire assessment risks must be kept up to day. and employers must make sure that sufficient measures are in place to protect life and minimise the risk of injruy.
The following steps for Fire Safety Risk Assessment have been taken from the HSE website
- Carry out a fire safety risk assessment
- Keep sources of ignition and flammable substances apart
- Avoid accidental fires, eg make sure heaters cannot be knocked over
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times, eg avoid build-up of rubbish that could burn
- Consider how to detect fires and how to warn people quickly if they start, eg installing smoke alarms and fire alarms or bells
- Have the correct fire-fighting equipment for putting a fire out quicklyKeep fire exits and escape routes clearly marked and unobstructed at all times
- Ensure your workers receive appropriate training on procedures they need to follow, including fire drills
- Review and update your risk assessment regularly.
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
Our online basic fire safety for care homes training course is aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace. This course covers the same content as the Basic Fire Safety course with additional content tailored specifically for employees that work in care homes
|Chemistry of Fire||1|
|Common Causes of Fire||2|
|Basic Safety Features in Buildings||3|
|Introduction to Fire Extinguishers||4|
|What to do in Cases of Fire||5|
Online assessment is carried out by a series of multiple choice questions. Candidates require 70% correct answers to secure a pass. PDF certificate will be sent directly to your inbox. Hard copy certificate on requrest. Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).