Leadership Skills Training
A leader doesn’t necessarily have to be a ‘manager’. However, it is difficult to see how a manager could be truly effective without having at least some leadership development training skills. Forbes highlight difference in Management Vs Leadership in their article. Leadership in business works towards attaining the long term objectives of an organisation while communicating values to the people of the organisation. This inspires and empowers them to support and work towards the objective. Leadership involves recognising and developing the skills of the workforce and build a positive work culture where both the needs of the company and of the employees are a priority.. Skills leaders spend time developing are:
- Courage: “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions and the compassion to listen to the needs of others.”
- Passion “Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision and relentlessly drive it to completion.” Jack Welsh, former CEO of General Electric.
- Problem Solving Skills: The ability to analyse and apply solutions to problems is a central characteristic of leaders.
- Communication Skills: A large part of good communication skills is the ability to listen and take feedback. The ability to give credit to others is integral to good communication skills.
- Decision making and the ability to take decisive action especially where there is an inertia or unwillingness to move forward.
This course introduces techniques and theories that help improve leadership skills and get the most from your team.
|Leadership and Management||1|
|Team Development and leadership||3|
|Individuals within teams||4|
|Communicating one-to-one with individuals||5|
|Moving forward together||6|
Online assessment in leadership development training is carried out by a series of multiple choice questions. Candidates must answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass each module. We advise you to complete each module and answer the question before moving on to the next module. This provides a better learning experience because you will need to have knowledge from earlier modules to understand some of the material in the later modules. For those who complete the course successfully, a PDF certificate of the award is sent directly to your inbox. Hard copies of the award are available on request. The course takes 90 minutes of training to complete. This is course content only and does not cover the time it takes to answer questions.