Twitter for Business
Twitter is a social media platform that is used by a wide range of people, from celebrities, who use it to communicate with their fans to companies and brands who can use it to engage their customers and attract new ones. It is also used by people for the social aspect – to chat and share information with friends. There are no restrictions to who or what can have a Twitter account and often a larger company such as Starbucks will also have individual accounts for each product such as Frappuccino’s and even individual store locations. This useful Twitter for business skills is a great introduction to using this platform to grow your business
- By mid 2019, 135 million people checked their Twitter account every day and 330 million a month
- Twitter has a more mature audience than other social media, with 63% between the ages of 35 and 65
- Worldwide, two thirds of Twitter users are male
- Twitter is the No 1 discovery social media channel
- The average time spent on one session on Twitter is 3.3 minutes
- In a survey 40% of Twitter users said they made a purchase because of something they saw on Twitter
Some Tips on Using Twitter to Grow your Business
- Use Twitter Cards: Twitter cards make you stand out and you can set up cards so that when people share one of your posts, the image shows up in their retweets too.
- Monitor Twitter for keyword mentions to help find prospects looking for what you offer. Tweetdeck is a powerful free app where you can track mentions.
- Tweetdeck also gives you the opportunity to schedule your posts in advance and an easy way to engage
- Research and use the right hashtags to reach your target audience
- Build your audience, engage them and encourage them to visit you on your Facebook page or website
- Use a url shortener like bit.ly to enable you share and track links
- Pin your best tweets for extra engagement
- Use other third party apps to make scheduling and engagement easier eg. newsfeed apps, graphic app Canva, scheduling apps
Using Twitter successfully requires a significant commitment of time – being active is key to your success. It’s all about the image you create, and the best‐viewed companies are the responsive ones. Twitter is a real‐time information sharing network where users can share messages, news, images, opinions and links via short bursts of information called ‘tweets’ – these tweets have a character limit of 280 including spaces, which may sound very short but you might be surprised at how much you can get into a little space and how much influence that can have. Even though Twitter is a fairly simple service, it’s still important to understand the mechanics of it throughly
|An Introduction to Twitter||1|
|Getting started on twitter||2|
|Using third-party applications||3|
Online assessment in PPE training is carried out by a series of multiple choice questions. Candidates must answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass each module. We advise you to complete each module and answer the question before moving on to the next module. This provides a better learning experience because you will need to have knowledge from earlier modules to understand some of the material in the later modules. For those who complete the course successfully, a PDF certificate of the award is sent directly to your inbox. Hard copies of the award are available on request. The course takes 55 minutes of training to complete. This is course content only and does not cover the time it takes to answer questions.